Vehicles Leaving Kentucky to be Retitled in Another State

What you will need:

If you are moving out of state or assigning your Kentucky title to an out-of-state
resident/business, the following documents and information are required to cancel your Kentucky record:

Proof your vehicle has been titled or registered in another state.

NOTE: If your vehicle was registered in Kentucky on January 1st of the current tax year, you are responsible for the taxes.

Scroll to Top