Register To Vote or Update Registration

The registration books close 28 days before each election. You must be registered in the county where you live prior to that time in order to vote.


To register to vote:

You must be a U.S. citizen and a Kentucky resident.
You must be registered in the county where you live 28 days before the election.
You must be at least 18 years of age on or before the date of the next general election.

You must not be a convicted felon, or if you have been convicted of a felony, your civil rights must have been restored by executive pardon (individuals with prior felony convictions may check their registration eligibility

You must not have been judged mentally incompetent in a court of law.
You must not claim the right to vote anywhere outside of Kentucky.

You may register to vote or update your registration information in the following ways


In person at any of these agencies:

Pulaski County Clerk's Office The Driver's License office K-TAP, Food Stamp, Medicaid, WIC, and state funded offices serving those with disabilities, if you are a client of these offices Armed Forces Recruitment offices.


By mail

Using the Kentucky mail in voter registration form Using the Federal Post Card Application (only if you are a member of the military, a milrtary spouse or dependent, or a citizen residing overseas)


On Line

Using the Commonwealth of Kentucky's Online Voter Registration System
Home Page - Kentucky State Board of Elections


Party Designation for May Primary

Kentucky has closed party primaries, which means you must register as a Democrat or a Republican to be eligible to vote in your party's primary in May. If you choose to register with a political group or organization, or as an Independent, you cannot vote in the partisan primaries, but you may vote in all nonpartisan primaries. These include urban county mayor, urban county council, school board, soil and water conservation, and all judicial offices.

You may change your political party affiliation anytime between the primary and December 31st to be eligible to vote in your new party's next primary. If you change your affiliation anytime between January 1st and the date the registration books close for the primary, you will only be eligible to vote in the nonpartisan primaries.

Scroll to Top